Wednesday, December 12, 2007

December 6, 2007

Nearing Amsterdam

We have been in the air all night. We had supper and breakfast on the plane. Everyone watched a movie and tried to get some sleep. "Pooch" slept great as she really stretched out. Since she was on mom and "elf", they didn't get as much sleep. There were a number of young children on the plane that had moments of fussiness. There was one who cried all night. I kept thinking he would get tired and fall asleep. I was wrong. I also couldn't help but think about our ride home from China with you. How would you do on the plane? I doubt you have ever flown before so will you be scared? We will have been together for almost 2 weeks before the flight home. Will you be used to us by then? If not fully, as I'd expect, then even a little? I have prayed for your comfort during that part of the journey as well as for patience on my own part. Regardless of how the flight goes, it means that we are on our way home to begin our lives together. Love you lots, Dad!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your faithfulness and trust in God's sovereignty is inspiring! Before you left home, your prayer request for patience brought Psalm 27 to mind. Isn't He gracious and kind to strengthen us & show us His goodness as we wait on Him...

"I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living!
Wait for the LORD;
be strong, and let your heart take courage;
wait for the LORD!"


-Psalm 27:13-14

G

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

That is right...on your way HOME! :)